Ringo is Kimberly Bond's Shiny Galvantula, and the twenty-second (and latest) Pokemon that she caught on her journey, as well as the sixteenth (and latest) one she caught in the Galar region.
If Paul is the id of the Beatlemons, John the sarcastic ego, and George the superego, then Ringo is undeniably the heart of the four. He is plucky, enthusiastic, brave at heart, and willing to prove himself no matter the circumstances. Ringo is fueled by sheer determination and bravery, always willing to stand up for himself and others to Pokemon who are 20 times his size-- and speaking of his size, he is only two inches tall, compared to other Joltik who are the standard four inches. As such, he is relatively weaker than most Joltik-- his debut showed that he was unable to perform Electroweb, Thunder, or any other Electric type attack properly. Despite this, however, Ringo never lets his size slow him down-- in fact, he is fueled by an immense desire to prove himself. He eats batteries in order to fuel his electric power, and is currently practicing his Electric-type moves in an attempt to fully master them. Besides his sheer determination, Ringo is also one of the most enthusiastic members of Kim's team and definitely the most enthusiastic of the Beatlemons. Not only is he plucky, but outside of battle (and if no one says anything negative about his size) he is a very determined and healthy optimist, willing to continue trying things knowing full well he might fail at them. Barely anything gets him down, save for the thought of his tragic past, and he is extremely eager to learn new things from other people. Ringo also has an intense love of music-- not only does he love the Beatles much like the other Beatlemons do, but he also serves as a peppy bandleader and enjoys carrying around a baton. He most notably did this during his trek from Postwick to Hammerlocke, but also does it in battle. Usually, he will sing "Little People" from Les Miserables to himself while battling, both as a way to keep his spirits up and also as a way to taunt his enemies during battle.
Out of all of Kimberly Bond's Pokemon, Ringo has perhaps the most cohesive backstory (besides Dio, Elton, and Freddie). Before he was caught by Kim, Ringo was merely a Shiny Joltik living among a slew of Galvantula and Joltik in a hole in Postwick. There, he was consistently and brutally bullied for his size and his inability to perform even the simplest Electric-type attacks-- most notably Electroweb (he could only produce a small useless electric strand) and Thunder (he could barely make sparks). One day, after a particularly brutal beatdown by the other Joltik and Galvantula in which they stole his batteries and nearly killed him, Ringo decided he had had enough and decided to leave to go see if he could find a Trainer, despite the other Galvantulas' beliefs that he would never find one. This soon led to him stumbling onto Hammerlocke, where he met the rest of the Beatlemons and was later caught by Kim. Despite this past, however, Ringo is not afraid of other members of his species-- in fact, he seeks them out for advice and help. This is most true of Cuddles-- who he was eager to learn Electroweb from upon first meeting-- and 9-Volt-- the latter of whom he saw thanks to seeing Leonard Braker's recording of the Hammerlocke fight. 9-Volt in particular is a Pokemon that Ringo greatly admires-- even though he does not know his name or his Trainer and only knows him as "the Galvantula from Hammerlocke", he greatly admires his strength and has studied the tape of the Hammerlocke fight constantly in an attempt to learn Electric-type moves.
Kim's personality profile on him reads as follows:
"NEW POKEMON CAUGHT: RINGO THE SHINY JOLTIK. CUTEST POKEMON I'VE EVER MET, AND HE'LL GET EVEN CUTER WHEN HE EVOLVES. PLUCKY AS ALL GET OUT, AND NEVER GIVES UP NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. HE IS APPARENTLY EAGER TO LEARN ELECTROWEB AND APPEARS TO BE TWO INCHES SHORTER THAN A REGULAR JOLTIK. I WONDER HOW HE'LL TURN OUT AS A GALVANTULA. ALSO HE'S GAVROCHE AS A POKEMON. COMPLETE WITH COCKNEY ACCENT. ELTON AND STRUMMER ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ABSOLUTE FIELD DAY."
- Met: Hammerlocke Banquet
- Ability: Compound Eyes
- Favorite Move: Electroweb
- Nature: Brave
- Characteristic: Likes to run
- Ball: Poke
- Evolves in: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=12971269370A74820100&page=23159#578971
- Hasslemon typing quirk:
#<thE * qUIrk * Is * A * vArIAnt * On * pAUl's,* lIkE * All * thE * OthEr * bEAtlEmOns'.> #<In * rIngO's * cAsE, * thE * brAckEts * ArE * AnglEd * AkIn * tO * mOnEsE, * thE * zErOEs * ArE * rEplAcEd * wIth * AstErIsks, * And * All * vOwEls * ArE * cApItAlIzEd.> #<rIngO's * qUIrK * Is * AlsO * thE * Only * OnE * tO * UtIlIzE * EndIng * pUnctUAtIOn.>
- : Bounce
- : Giga Drain
- : Rain Dance
- : String Shot, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz
- : Thunder (only works when Rain Dance is used prior)
- Ringo was named after Ringo Starr of the Beatles, which, along with Paul, John, and George, makes him one of the four Beatlemons. Like the other Beatlemons, the name partially serves as a pun on his Bug typing. However, among the four Beatles, Ringo Starr was often cited as the "heart" of the group. According to the band themselves, Starr once walked out on the band during a session of The White Album, and when he was finally convinced to return he found his drum kit decorated with flowers and messages from the other Beatles saying that they missed him. Starr was also, historically, the first one to notice that something was wrong with the rest of the band a few months before their breakup. This behavior is naturally reflected in Ringo's pluckiness, but his desire to not be written off as expendable just because of his size also serves as a reflection of his namesake-- Ringo Starr was often cited as the most "expendable" Beatle by critics and fans, yet had a massive influence on other drummers.
- According to Goldenheart388, Ringo's Hasslemon handle is ardentPeppers (AP). The name serves as a reference to the Beatles album Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which serves as a reference to Ringo's bandleading capabilities and his love of music. However, the "ardent" part is likely a reference to Ringo's plucky, never-give-up-never-surrender personality and attitude towards life-- "ardent" means "enthusiastic or passionate". It also could, potentially, serve as a reference to Ringo's ardent support of 9-Volt and Cuddles.
- According to Goldenheart388, Ringo's regular character theme is "With a Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles, his Broadway character theme is "Little People" from Les Miserables, and his headcanon voice is that of Ian Tucker as Gavroche in the original Broadway adaptation of Les Miserables.
- Ringo is Kimberly Bond's first Shiny Pokemon, as well as the third Pokemon on her team, after Elton and Strummer, to speak in a Cockney accent.
- Ringo's favorite food is apples, which serves as a pun-- ringo is Japanese for apple. The pun has been acknowledged in-universe by Caboose, who has referred to him as the "apple god".
|Kimberly Bond's Team|
|On Hand :|| Paul • Sinatra • Dio • Kaylan • Geddy • Elton |
Freddie • Orwell • Joel • Dave • Ozzy • Dalt
Peechee • Gallag • Gilmour• Boseman • Jagger • Strummer
Grohl • John • George • Ringo • Jinx
|As last seen in: Galar|