Lake is Luke's Feraligatr and first Pokémon. He was born ten years prior to the events of WAAPT on the 4th June, 2001 at a starter ranch in an unknown location somewhere in Johto. He spent the first few months of his life living with his mother, a Feraligatr called Deluge, and his siblings, such as Ria, before being taken to Professor Elm's Pokémon Lab to be distributed as a starter Pokémon. Due to this, he considers his official home to be New Bark Town.
As a young Totodile, he also made friends with an abandoned Helioptile named Izzy. The two considered themselves best buds until Lake taken away without the chance to let her know where he'd gone. The Helioptile stayed on his mind for the next fifteen years, until a chance encounter in encounter reunited the pair. The long time apart has seemed to have done nothing to dampen their friendship.
After spending the first seven years of his life living with Luke, he left home with him to act his starter Pokémon on his Pokémon journey through the Johto and Kanto regions. Along the way, he evolved into a Croconaw, and later a Feraligatr, and played a huge part in defeating the region's gym leaders, thwarting Team Rocket, and even battling Ho-oh him/herself!
Personality wise, in contrast to his fierce appearance, Lake is kind, friendly, and loving. While his favorite pastime is battling, he would never attack someone who he felt didn't deserve it. If you do manage to cross him, then he won't rest until he's taught you a lesson, and won't be afraid to get physical if need be. That said, Lake isn't above gently teasing his friends in potentially amusing situations. There's nether any malice intended, as he just considers it to be good fun. And few could disagree.
Because of this, Lake has a strong sense of right and wrong. If faced with a sticky situation, he would always put others first or try to help in any way he could, not because he seeks fame or is expecting a favor in return, but because it's the right thing to do, from his point of view.
Since the Gold Conference Arc, Lake has been in a loving relationship with Nadia the Salamence, who's confidence he helped rebuild after Tracer missed her evolution and her wing got broken while learning to fly. Friends wise, he's close with most of the members of his team (except for Crowley), as well as most of the other Pokémon in the group. Notably, he seems to have found a fan-girl in the form of Skye, who's adoration he appreciates (even if he does worry for her health, due to her constantly being breathless around him).
Aside from battling, Lake's interests included videogames, since his trainer gifted him with a Nintendo 3DS XL as a late Birthday present in the PMD-Returns arc. He also has a longstanding love of dinosaur Pokémon, finding it hard not gush wildly about how awesome they are when in their presence.
Out of all the Pokémon on Luke's team, Lake is by far the strongest, thanks to his years of training, sheer strength, and his EX power granted by a blessing from the legendary Ho-Oh.
As a Feraligatr, Lake has a huge amount of physical strength, so he mainly uses physical moves - such as Crunch and Aqua Tail - in battle, switching to ranged attacks like Hydro Pump when he can't get in close. As well as this, he also knows several support moves such as Swords Dance, Roar, and even - the unique to WAAPT - Bubble Shield.
- Aqua Tail, Bubblebeam, Bubble Shield, Dive, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, Waterfall
- Bite, Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch
- Protect, Roar, Swords Dance
- Beat the Johto League with the rest of Luke's Team, earning him a place in the Hall of Fame.
- Battled Ho-Oh alongside the team.
- Battled Red alongside the team and won.
- Confessed his love to Nadia, the two became a couple.
- Battled Anom's Volcarona across the Fourth Wall, reaching the Discussion Thread.
- Battled Red again alongside the team and won.
- Won other battles in the Gold Conference with Luke, before their loss to Tagg.
- Battled Ho-oh again alongside Nadia, the couple managing to win this time.
- Helped the Unova Resistance liberate Unova from Artemis and Anom's Scolipede in the AU arc.
- Protected Pleo from Ferno's group of Delta Pokemon in the Orange Islands.
- Assisted in the search for Dintel, and the raid on the Neo Team Magma base in the Mirage Tower in the Hoenn Arc.
- Assisted in thwarting PEFEDoS, and later, Cornn during the AU Arc and PMD-R.
- Stopped Torque from destroying Goldenrod City and conquering Johto.
- Lake was the First of Luke's Pokémon to appear.
- He was one of Luke's initial six Pokémon, alongside Pepper, Woolly, Sol, Flare and Crowley.
- Lake is the only PC who happens to be a Pokémon, save for Ammy.
- Lake is the only one of Luke's starter Pokémon still on his team that does not posses the ability to Mega Evolve.
|On Hand :||Lake • Stratus • Unite • Izzy|
|Boxed / In Training :|| Comet • Quin • Chord • Woolly • Phyco • Treeo |
• Flare • Dusty • Crowley • Wulfric • Ad Min • Guardé
|Handed over / Released :|| Pepper • Sol • Limna • Lewis • Hallow • Harriet |
• Blitz • Simon • Phantom • Celestia
|Alternate Timeline :||Cinder • Eon|
|As last seen in: Goldenrod City|