The PMD-B verse is actually not a 'verse of its own but a distant future of the Alternate Timeline, and conceptually an offshot from it forked from the Draconic Uprising, creating a mon-based verse much in the vein of PMD-A, the mon verse based on the Mystery Dungeon games; hence it's name, PMD-"B". Much like PMD-A humans from other universes will transform into Pokémon upon entering.
This timeline is the product of humanity "losing" the Draconic Uprising war without a reversal for the monification process ever found out. Thus the world continues to evolve in a short time of disarray and from there in a wholly mon-based culture. Some 600-years later or so, the main cast ends up being transported to this timeframe due to the shattering of the "Plot Crystal" or Time-Space Orb, whose shards also cause Mystery Dungeons to appear within the universe. Events happening here are said to be running in the PMD Returns Arc.
Geography and Region Details
The geography of this world is essentially the same of the Alternate Timeline, with the main regions still existing. However with the loss of human written form and the passage of time, things like names of locations, lore and economy have suffered heavy modifications.
- Viridian City has been renamed as "The Verde". Much like Azalea, a lot of the former city has disappeared due to the encroaching forest.
- Saffron City is known as "The Capital."
- In the south there is a area known as the Lodestone ruins, where a Rotom living in what was once Straw's home rules over several Magnemite line mons.
- Celadon City is now known as "Octapolis" and still has an expansive underground.
- Route 7 is now known as "Vinebush", a town of mostly Grass types and mons that migrated from Saffron city and Celadon City.
- The Power Plant is now known as "Digital Circuit" and is largely uninhabited due to debris and the destroyed machinery.
- As with other regions, location names have suffered some deterioration. For example, "Golrod".
- The Ruins of Alph where rebuilt at some point and are now the "Unruins" or "non-Ruins". There are trading posts there and the Puzzles are also available.
- The "Sacred Forest", previously the Ilex Forest, has expanded to the east and engulfed what was once Azalea Town. There are colonies of Sewaddle living there as well.
- What remains of Goldenrod City, most likely the strongest buildings, is lorded over by Murkrow Murders who presumably fly to nearby areas to collect and steal interesting objects without any evil intention.
- The Johto Nidoran Colony is still existing and self-policing, though now moved to the north and lording the "Golden Forests" which form a triangle between Ecruteak, former Goldenrod and Violet. Not counting the western Empire, they are the faction with the strongest political independence in the region.
- The Bell Tower is still standing and functions as the regal place and nest of Nyx, current Ho-Oh. The locals call the place "Her Perch".
- Packs of Houndour now live in a settlement (not Mahogany!) near the Lake of Rage; these are descendants of a Water-type Houndourδ named Tanamo and have Water-type in one of its possible combinations.
- At the core of what in the OU is called Firuzland, that is, the wildlands west from Olivine, exists an empire lorded by "ancient"-type Pokémon. They have large economical reach over the region boosted by their ability to provide eg.: better seeds for trading.
- The areas to the east and west of Olivine are controlled by the forces of the Miltank Legion
- Violet City and the areas to the east of it are now controlled by a theocracy of Bellsprout and allied mons based in the Sprout Tower.
- Hoenn has nominally become a federated empire, but is really a number of de facto collection of independent states which bicker from time to time but generally get along.
- Slateport, Mauville, Pacifidlog, the Mirage Kingdom, and a few other places are known as "the Bay", a hotbed of political intrigue ruled by oligarchs based on the Illiac Bay from The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. A war a few years before the start of PMD-R between the Mirage Kingdom and Slateport led to the death of King Lysandus of Slateport, and decreased stability in the Hoenn region.
- 1/3 of human-descended mons happen to be draconic species.
- Ever since the Sinnoh Distortion, humans never truly got a permanent hold again in this continent. As such, it might have suffered the least attack during the draconic uprising.
- Eterna City has kept its name.
- An Alakagross ruin was revealed sometime in the past 600 years and re-purposed to become Chrome Town.
- As with other regions, location names have suffered some deterioration. For example, "Druftvoil".
- Helios rules now the desert kingdom in the place of his mother Celestia. It is shown that he has a Switzerland-esque guard corps and that some of his descendants, presumably with Algira, are Surskit living in the nearby river.
- White Forest is known as Blanc Wood.
- Opelucid is the main home of Dragon types in the region and happens to have a museum detailing the events of the AU Arc, including the skull of Scolipede's Hydreigon's main head.
- A faction known as the Seekers of Knowledge have set up shop in Nacrene around what was the Nacrene Museum.
- Orre has the Kingdom Of Fire And Earth, or the Kingdom of Regalam, a small kingdom of desert 'mons centered around the ruins of Realgam Tower, which have been modified into a castle. It is ruled by Darter the Flygon (son of PMD-B!Marmalade and PMD-B!Speck) and PMD-B!Jenna, who was turned into a Larvesta by the Draconic Uprising and is now a Volcarona. Ammy is a potential heir to this kingdom.
- Almia is somewhere in-between Sinnoh and the other main regions on the civilization scale.
- The people of Haruba Village have all become Rattata or Foongi, and the village name has decayed to Dry Dry Harba.
Much like PMD-A, PMD-B's social structure can be understood as one between "civilized" mons (In this verse primarily descended from transfigured humans, or humons, and their Pokémon partners), identified by clothing such as scarves and bows, and "feral" mons that are primarily of wildmon stock who live as their ancestors always had, though there is a fair amount of gene flow between the two. Humans still exist as a result of most of the legendaries using their power to protect those not yet transfigured, but number only enough to keep themselves from dying out through inbreeding, so the world at large considers them extinct.
Arcs Taking Place Here
- PMD Returns Arc (PMD-B branch) - ~c. 600 years after the creation of the timeline